We are seeking a paid consultant Digital Engagement Coordinator to support the Parkdale—High Park Provincial NDP constituency association.
We are interested in consultants with experience designing and running successful digital campaigns with an emphasis on engagement and fundraising. If you have run successful political campaigns before, that’s a bonus!
Our volunteers are essential to our success as a constituency association. We are looking for a paid consultant in this area to work with our volunteers.
The start for this consultancy is negotiable and will extend until December 31, 2021, with an opportunity for renewal.
ABOUT THE PARKDALE—HIGH PARK PROVINCIAL NDP
We are the Ontario NDP constituency association serving Toronto’s west-end Parkdale—High Park electoral district. We are a group of volunteers working towards the re-election of our candidate, the incumbent Bhutila Karpoche.
- Outreach to, and engagement of, potential supporters
- Sustaining and engaging existing members and supporters
- Policy and information dissemination
- Working with the Association Executive, EPC, and volunteers to develop a digital engagement plan, including measured campaign goals
- Executing engagement and targeting plan
- Analyzing campaign progress and recommending refinements
- Creating digital engagement tools (e.g., Add Your Names, petitions)
- Designing social media shareables
- Writing social media content
- Editing engaging video clips
- Writing compelling email updates
- Writing persuasive copy for email fundraising campaigns
- Updating and growing supporter list
- Coordinating with the Data Coordinator (and other volunteers as required) to segment and update data
The Consultant will be accountable to the President of the Parkdale—High Park Provincial NDP, and they will work closely with Association volunteers to execute our campaigns. In particular, they will work closely alongside our Communications, Data, Fundraising, Outreach and Volunteer Coordinators.
We anticipate the Digital Engagement Coordinator will dedicate approximately thirty hours a month for these responsibilities, with some weeks being busier than others. Our monthly budget for this consultant opportunity is $800.
Given the nature of our work, we will require strict confidentiality. The successful candidate will sign a confidentiality agreement.
- Excellent written communication and design skills
- Strong understanding of digital and social media advertising
- Experience in organizing
- Painstaking attention to detail
- Superior self-organization and ability to coordinate multiple projects with minimal supervision
- Relationship-building skills for cooperation and coordination between volunteers and staff at all levels
- Sharp political acumen
- Dedication to our goals of a greener, fairer, more just and prosperous society
- Experience in or knowledge of the Ontario NDP an asset
Please send your CV to Parkdale—High Park Provincial NDP President Jason Wagar at [email protected]agar.com by Monday, March 15, 2021 at 6 pm ET. Please include a CV, a handful of relevant writing samples, and a few ideas to reach our campaign goals.
We welcome applications from diverse communities—the Parkdale—High Park NDP is an equal opportunity organization. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Accommodations for applicants with disabilities are available on request.